The Cabo San Lucas tourism boost comes at no surprise for the local Los Cabos Tourism Board. Recently, community leaders and government officials implemented a 5-Point Security Action Plan. The plan increases security and safety awareness, benefiting tourism in response to the State Department travel warnings and negative publicity surrounding mainland Mexico. Now, Los Cabos is defying the national trend and tourism is booming on Mexico’s majestic peninsula.
Why is that important for you to know? As the classic adage goes, “a rising tide lifts all boats.” Real estate in Cabo San Lucas is taking off for tranquil waters — and you don’t want to get left behind.
What’s Behind 5-Point Security Action Plan
- The formation of a “Rapid Response Network” for local hotels and businesses to share information
- A newly implemented Mexican Marine base, creating an optimal mission control center
- Establish a citizen crime report encouraging a community of transparency
- New surveillance system with over 200 cameras installed, bringing the total to over 250 within the greater municipal
- Organize a bi-weekly hotel security meeting addressing concerns, best practices, and updating security protocols
Cabo San Lucas Tourism Results
The rise in tourism is no joke, and the entire Los Cabos community is feeling the ripple effect. International arrivals increased by 22% in January and 17% in February compared to the previous year’s statistics. With the boom in tourist arrivals, over 4,000 new hotel rooms scheduled for construction between 2018-2021.
Not only is the local tourism industry reaping the rewards, but the aviation industry is cashing in as well. There are now over 500 direct weekly routes between the U.S., Canada, and the UK, elevating the ease of travel from wherever you are to the most magnificent peninsula in all of Mexico.
70% of the 3 million travelers that travel to Los Cabos are repeat visitors. That’s an outstanding return rate, making sense of why real estate in Cabo San Lucas is trending in such a positive direction.
It’s Never Too Late to Buy
There have never been more advantages to owning real estate in Cabo San Lucas, and Jud Waggoman will tell you the answers why. With the rising tide of Cabo San Lucas tourism industry, high quality of life, and a community that cares for the well-being of their citizens, now is the time to invest in your sanctuary by the sea.